Monday, July 21, 2008

broody..

It's amazing how a guileless comment can get me thinking so much. No wonder they say it's scary when i start brooding..

It was a casual conversation about what a godly person someone was even on facebook. And I said "I used to be like that". And the reply was that I shouldn't say that I used to be but rather I should aim to be it. And i fully agree with it actually.

But i'm thinking.. Is it really possible to go back to the way things were? Many ppl want to go back to when things were simpler. But whether it is even possible has remained a mystery to me. How does one go back to the way things were when life experiences have changed they way things are? Perceptions, circumstances and environments change. How is it possible to restore the childlikeness? Maybe the key isn't for things to go back to the way they were. Maybe it's about getting out the vicious circle, recognizing the priorities and starting over again - a new improved version. But no one likes change isn't it. It's easier to remain in comfort zone and living things the way they are. Especially when comfort zone doesn't seem to bad. And that is why I'm wondering how long more I will run away for. By now i'm pretty sure that having the hidden stubborn streak, i dun respond too well to advice. But hanging out with ppl from the past does come as a wake up call and a regulatory factor.

I guess it's really time to stop having so much fun and finally get my life in order. I've said that so many times this year. But the phrase "a new beginning" has been ringing in my head. Which obviously hasn't been acted upon. :S

I need to stop brooding and start moving for now! Hopefully trying to be useful for the next 2 weeks instead of wilding my time away is a good start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home